This Cannellini bean dip recipe is oooof! so good! what makes this recipe stand out is not only the creaminess the cannellini beans give but the addition of roasted garlic.
When I dip, you dip, we dip…
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP (white bean dip)
Recipe by: Mark Calaminici | Food Loves Company
1 large garlic bulb, or two if you love garlic
1/4 chives (loosely packed) finely chopped
1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed
Juice of half a lemon
Freshly cracked pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Roasting the garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the garlic bulb. Slice the top half of the garlic head off. You want to see the cloves exposed.
3. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt on the exposed cloves.
4. Cover garlic head tightly in foil and place on a sheet pan and place in oven for 45-50 minutes or until cloves are golden and aromatic.
For the dip!
1. Place the beans, garlic, chives, lemon, extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Blend until smooth. If you find that it is thick you can add more extra virgin olive oil or a little water. Taste and adjust any seasoning as you wish.
2. Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some chopped chives. Enjoy with naan, crackers, roasted or fresh bread or just use a spoon and have at it.
Until next time, ciao!