Garlic bread with roasted garlic is a game changer for garlic bread recipes at home. Roasting the garlic is what makes this recipe taste better than any other garlic bread recipes.
ROASTED GARLIC BREAD
Recipe by Mark Calaminici | Food Loves Company
1-2 large bulbs of garlic, roasted
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly cracked pepper
1 cup unsalted butter
Chili flakes, optional
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 fresh baguette, sliced
1 large clove of fresh garlic, tip cut off
¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the garlic bulb. Slice the top half of the garlic head off. You want to see the cloves exposed. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper on the exposed cloves. Cover garlic head tightly in foil and place on a sheet pan and place in oven for 45-50 minutes or until cloves are golden and aromatic.
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. Season with salt, freshly cracked pepper and chili flakes. Add roasted garlic and slowly sauté until roasted garlic has mixed into butter. Add parsley, mix and pour butter mixture into a bowl and place in fridge to solidify.
6. On a sheet pan drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the open faced side of the sliced bread. Place under the broiler to toast a little bit but not fully. Cut off the tip of a piece of garlic and rub it on the toasted bread.
7. Once the butter has solidified bring it back to room temperature so that it will be easily spreadable. Liberally spread butter on the bread and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Place back under the broiler until butter and cheese has melted and bread is toasted to your liking.
Until next time, ciao!