What’s better than a classic bacon, egg and cheese sandwich? Adding bomba mayo! You gotta make this sandwich, it’s beautiful.
BACON, EGG AND CHEESE WITH SPICY BOMBA MAYO SAUCE
Recipe by: Mark Calaminici | Food Loves Company
4-6 strips of bacon
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp bomba sauce
2 brioche buns, buttered and toasted
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp butter
Freshly cracked pepper
1 slice of American cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place bacon on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Put in oven and check on it around 15-20 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. Set bacon aside. You may place the bacon on plate lined with paper towel to soak up excess grease.
3. In a small bowl add the mayonnaise and bomba sauce. Mix to incorporate ingredients. Set aside, you can place in the fridge.
4. Toast your brioche buns however you like, just make sure you butter them! Set aside, you may place in the oven on low heat to keep warm.
5. Crack 4 eggs into a small mixing bowl with water. Whisk until you don’t see any whites.
6. Add butter to a small sauce pan or non stick skillet on low heat. Add eggs and continuously stir. Remove sauce pan from heat and stir and then add back to heat. You may have to do this throughout the cooking process. When the eggs become very creamy and luxurious and have started to set, remove from heat. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
7. Lay buttered and toasted brioche bun on work surface. Add bacon on the bottom half of the bun, add scrambled eggs on top and a American cheese. You can let the residual heat melt the cheese a bit but if you like the cheese to be more melted just place under the broiler for a few seconds. Add a dollop of bomba mayo and finish with the top bun. Enjoy!
Until next time, ciao!