Who doesn’t love a good potato, let alone a crispy potato! these are delicious, decadent and straight up dynamite. You will be complimented plenty when you make these, guaranteed. Whether you make the honey dijon glaze, the bomba mayo dip or just leave plain, these will not disappoint. Enjoy!
CRISPY DUCK FAT POTATOES WITH HONEY DIJON GLAZE
Recipe by Mark Calaminici | Food Loves Company
3-4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered (yellow or russet is fine)
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Duck fat, about 1/2 cup or enough to cover the potatoes well
Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Chives, to taste and finely chopped
Honey dijon glaze
Dijon mustard, to taste
Honey, to taste
Bomba mayo dip
Bomba calabrese, to taste
Mayonnaise, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters or fairly medium-large chunks.
3. Heat a large pot of water over high heat until boiling. Add salt and baking soda. Add potatoes and stir. Return to a boil and cook until a knife can easily be pierced into a potato chunk, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside. Let potatoes sit for 30-60 seconds to let any excess moisture escape.
4. In a large mixing bowl. Add duck fat, potatoes and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Toss until the potatoes develop a mashed potato like layer on the outside.
5. Transfer to a baking sheet, spreading the potatoes out evenly. Place in oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes undisturbed. After 20 minutes take potatoes out and flip each one (tedious, I know, but worth it). Roast for another 30 minutes, flipping occasionally. Potatoes are done once browned and crispy.
6. The honey dijon glaze and bomba mayo dip are optional. If making honey dijon glaze, add any ratio of dijon mustard and honey and mix to combine. If making bomba mayo dip, add any ratio of bomba sauce to mayonnaise and mix to combine.
7. Take cooked potatoes out and add them to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and add the honey dijon glaze. Toss to coat. Garnish or toss with chives. Serve with bomba mayo dip (optional) and serve immediately. Enjoy.