Roasted Tomatoes with Burrata is the best! These two pair great together and before you know it you have yourself a treat! This is always a requested dish when I have company come over. it's a quick and simple recipe that can be a great appetizer or even a meal. Do I need to say anything more than…BURRATA?
BURRATA WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
Recipe by Mark Calaminici
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Freshly Cracked Pepper
3 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
Extra virgin olive oil
1 ball of Burrata (or two!)
Flaky sea salt, to taste
1 loaf of bread, sliced and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl add tomatoes, garlic, dried thyme, fresh rosemary, season with salt, freshly cracked pepper and dress with a nice glug of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to incorporate all ingredients. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into an even layer, separating the tomatoes as best you can.
3. Place in oven on the middle rack and roast for 45-60 minutes. Toss once, halfway through cooking. Everyone's oven can be a bit different so keep an eye on your tomatoes to make sure they don't burn. I like mine to have a bit of char on them.
4. Brush your slices of bread with extra virgin olive oil and grill until toasted. You can toast in your oven as well.
4. Place Burrata on a serving plate and arrange roasted cherry tomatoes around the plate. Finish with flaky sea salt and a drizzle of fresh extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
Until next time, ciao!